We’re looking for a couple of new people to come and support the team – permanent, part-time and freelance options available. See below for more details!
PR role: Media manager
Do you love news, the media and content? Unhooked Communications is looking for a new media manager.
Unhooked Communications is looking for a media manager to work across several clients.
We will consider part time, freelance or full time for the right person, but looking for at least three days a week.
Some of the days will be from the office in Stockport, but we can be flexible and remote working is fine too.
Clients are varied but are typically based across the following sectors:
- Construction and property
- Home interiors and gifts
- Consumer health
- Media and marketing
- Professional services
As part of your role, you will:
- Monitor breaking news stories and trending topics to spot comment opportunities and articles of interest for clients
- Pitch client news and case studies to regional, trade, business, consumer and national media (print, broadcast and online)
- Proactively pitch thought leadership articles and opinion pieces
- Help to create news and content from data, insights, trends and other sources
- Develop news and content specifically for link building purposes
- Help to source case studies, interviewees and filming locations for broadcast opportunities
- Build relationships with key journalists and editors
- Monitor, track and evaluate media coverage and help compile media reports
You should have…
- At least three years’ experience working in PR, media or communications
- A love and enthusiasm for news, media and content
- Understanding of clients’ objectives, tone of voice and brand personality so we can create stories that are of interest to the media but also in line with clients’ strategy
- Great examples of impressive media coverage for former clients
- Knowledge of SEO and how online media coverage and content marketing feeds into it
- Great media relations and pitching skills
- Enthusiasm for working as a team to get great results for clients
Salary / day rate DOE.
Please send details of experience to [email protected].
Freelance role: Data and insights analyst
Do you love research, trends and insights? Have a way of seeing the stories behind the stats? Confident crunching numbers to find hidden gems for great content?
Unhooked Communications is looking for a freelance data and insights analyst to work with the team to help generate news and content for PR campaigns throughout January and February.
What we’re looking for someone who can:
- Work with client account managers/directors to help develop stories based on qualitative and quantitative data from a range of sources
- Analyse and combine different data sources to strengthen the quality and interest of stories and content ideas
- Make sure all findings are accurate and fully cited
- Advise on how to bring the data to life through visuals and images
As this is a freelance position to start with, remote working is fine but you are welcome to work with us in Stockport and we’ll also have regular meetings.
Please details of your experience, projects you’ve worked on and day rate to [email protected].