Construction PR and marketing agency
We have over 12 years’ experience developing and implementing creative, impactful construction PR and marketing campaigns. As a specialist construction marketing agency – which specialises in PR, content, digital and creative ideas – we’re based in Manchester but work with construction businesses across the UK. We’re also industry award winners – celebrating as a Construction Marketing Award winner.
We’ve carried out PR and marketing for a range of companies in construction, housing and the built environment. These include multinational corporations, as well as medium and small construction companies, building manufacturers, suppliers, property and housing organisations.
From underfloor heating to roofs, glazing to insulation, we’ve supported businesses of all shapes and sizes that manufacture, source and/or supply building products, materials and systems to trade or consumer clients. And in some cases, we’ve helped construction businesses shift their PR and marketing from trade to consumer, and vice versa. We also work with complimentary industries such as architecture and home interiors.
Building products, manufacturing and materials PR and marketing: Trade vs consumer audiences
Because we have experience of both trade/B2B and consumer PR and marketing for construction businesses, we understand different audiences have different wants and needs.
And this means we know how to adapt your campaigns to engage with your customers, deliver your messages and get you results.
So do you need your building and construction PR and marketing to engage with other construction businesses, manufacturers, suppliers, architects, designers, contractors or specifiers?
Or, perhaps you want to target certain people within businesses, such as facilities managers or operations directors?
Maybe you need to target specific sectors, such as retail, education or healthcare? Or local authorities and social housing providers?
Or do you want to speak to consumers and the general public – like homeowners, people who rent, or residents living in a certain area?
Whoever your customers, supporters or stakeholders are, we can help you identify them. We can also work out the best approach and messaging for your construction and building products PR and marketing.
Construction marketing agency rule number 1: Telling stories that matter
Over the last decade, we’ve worked as the preferred construction PR and marketing agency of several high profile businesses to identify key trends and issues. We tap into these to build and develop targeted and bespoke construction marketing and PR campaigns.
Some recent topics, themes and trends include:
- How the built environment and construction can improve our wellbeing, communities and economy
- The development of technology and digital – such as BIM and virtual reality – and how this can improve efficiencies in the construction sector
- Sustainability and green issues and solutions within the construction sector
- The impact of Brexit on the construction and building sector
- How to attract and retain more women in construction, engineering and housing
- The skills shortage in the construction industry and how to tackle it
- Sustainable and new ways of manufacturing building materials and products, and how this can improve construction
Strategy, planning, tools and tactics from experienced construction PR and marketing professionals
We start all campaigns with a strategy session, so we can develop a bespoke strategy to meet your individual requirements and objectives.
From this, we work out which tools and tactics we need to bring you construction PR and marketing to life and get you results. These could include:
- Construction, building, manufacturing and property news stories: Targeted at national, regional and/or trade media. We can also target sector-specific media (such as retail, education or healthcare). Find out more about news stories and press releases.
- Construction thought leadership articles: Based on your knowledge, expertise and opinions. Aimed at your target audiences. Placed in trade publications or national media outlets.
- Construction awards: From the Construction News Awards and the Construction Marketing Awards to more sector specific and niche awards, like the Offsite Awards or Wood Awards. We can help identify key awards to enter and write your applications to help you stand out and get shortlisted (and hopefully win!). Check out this business awards calendar to find suitable awards for you to enter.
- Construction, building and property events: Events and exhibitions are a great way to engage with your target audiences face-to-face. ecobuild, Installer, Vision, Homebuilding and Renovation Show, PHEX, London Build, CN Summit, UK Concrete Show, ToolFair, ELEX, Plumbexpo – there are loads to choose from. We can help you research and identify the best option for you and your construction PR and marketing efforts, as well as advise on how to get the most out of construction events. We can also help you put on your own events for your target audiences.
- Construction reactive comments: Construction is a key sector in the UK and often makes the headlines. We monitor the media daily to find current issues and breaking stories, which you can comment on. We pitch you in to national, regional and trade media – covering broadcast, print and online media outlets.
- Research and white papers: You might already have valuable construction, building or manufacturing data which can be packaged up in a way to tell an interesting story and position you as a market leader. Or, we can commission bespoke research into a key issue. As well as press releases and interviews, we can develop white papers and accompanying content such as video and infographics.
- Content marketing: Blogs, guides, reports, webinars, podcasts, video, graphics, virtual reality, social media – there are more ways than ever for you to get your message out and engage with your target audiences. We can help you plan and create this content, as well as get it in front of your audiences. Find out about how our construction content marketing helped win an industry leading award.
Creative PR and marketing campaigns for construction businesses, manufacturers and suppliers
There’s a lot of competition to get the attention of your audiences and make a big splash in the media. As well as a hard working press office, we can develop a creative marketing campaign for maximum impact. This campaign will be created to meet your specific objectives and can:
- Focus your construction, building and property marketing and PR efforts
- Provide a theme for the year for your PR and marketing
- Cut through the noise and get your voice heard
- Generate lots of great content
- Build backlinks and boost your SEO
- Drive traffic to your website
- Position you as a market leader
- Produce information and insights that are useful for your business
- Engage directly with your target audiences and start meaningful conversations (online and/or face-to-face)
- Increase enquiries, win new business, boost sales – get results.
Looking for a construction PR and marketing agency?
We know your sector, speak your language and can get you results. Whether you want ongoing PR and marketing support, or adhoc creative, integrated campaigns. Get in touch today.
Construction PR and marketing examples
Here are just some examples of the work that construction PR and marketing agency Unhooked Communications has carried out for businesses in the construction, built environment and building sectors.
Inspire Summit: Women in UK Construction, Engineering and Housing
Unhooked Communications was the construction PR and marketing partner of Inspire Summit: Women in UK Construction, Engineering and Housing. Watch the video below to see what happened on the day.
Construction Marketing Awards winner
Unhooked Communications was shortlisted for two Construction Marketing Awards in 2018 as part of its support with Saint-Gobain's Multi Comfort campaign. Shortlisted for Best Digital Campaign, the digital content marketing for the international construction company also won the Best Use of Website. Find out more about the Construction Marketing Awards 2018 winner.
Construction Careers Week
As part of our work for Built Environment Skills in Schools to promote a series of Construction Careers Week, we teamed up with One Minute Briefs and challenged designers to come up with creative advertisements. The activity generated widespread social media engagement and some great construction adverts we could use in PR and marketing activity.