Creative marketing and PR campaigns
Creative marketing and PR campaigns give you something worth talking about…
…then, we’ll help you talk about it .
‘Why do I need a creative marketing and PR campaign?’
There are more ways than ever before to communicate with your target audience. Online publications, blogs, podcasts, webinars, social media, video streaming, events, newsletters, instant messaging, direct mail, newspapers, magazines, radio, television – the list goes on…
But the rapidly evolving communications industry poses many challenges for brands looking to get noticed and achieve results that actually benefit their business.
- There’s a lot of competition: There are so many other businesses trying to attract your audience, so you need to stand out and offer something better if you want to win their attention.
- Consumers are more savvy: They just don’t want to be sold to. They want to be entertained, inspired, informed and educated. They’s bombarded with messages 24/7 and know how to block out unwanted noise. If you want them to take notice, engage, remember your message and become a customer, you’ll have to do something special.
- Journalists have different objectives: Yes, they want a good story, but they have other pressures too. Today’s journalists are expected to meet the commercial objectives of their publisher, which may mean getting more people to click/subscribe/buy. So ask yourself, how does what you are pitching help them?
- Bloggers and influencers: Some blogs attract hundreds of thousands – even millions – of loyal fans and followers. Their creators have their own criteria when working with businesses, so if you want to build a relationship with them to promote your brand, a generic press release is probably not going to cut it.
- The pressure is on you (and us): Yes, it’s nice to secure coverage and see your name in print, but unless it’s helping you meet your wider business objectives – what’s the point? More than ever, we need to prove that marketing and PR activity is delivering results.
‘What’s the formula for an effective creative marketing and PR campaign?’
Well, that’s the question. And while there’s no magic wand for this kind of thing, for a creative marketing and PR campaign to be truly effective it will need to:
- be in line with your brand, values and ethos
- appeal to your target audience
- lend itself to producing and creating interesting, engaging and shareable content
- help you achieve your business goals and objectives
And, depending on what your business objectives are, the right creative marketing and PR campaign will help you:
- build your own database
- build an online community
- generate valuable back-links
- boost your SEO
- drive traffic to your website
- achieve media coverage
- create a buzz on social media
- boost brand awareness
- improve brand perception
- generate lots of great content
- build new partnerships
- attract new talent
- increase enquiries
- boost your sales
‘How can Unhooked help?’
We know that for a creative marketing and PR campaign to work, the idea will need to be strong. We also know the execution needs to be even stronger.
That’s why, before we come up with an idea or plan, we’ll spend some time getting to know you, your business, industry and customers. This means that, once we’ve been able to do the research and gather some insights, we can start playing with ideas.
If you like the sound of our approach to creative marketing and PR campaigns, get in touch for a chat to see how we can help you and your business.