Introducing The Northern Creative Collective
The Northern Creative Collective is a networking and support group for freelancers and small businesses in the creative and marketing industries in the North of England.
The Northern Creative Collective was set up by Unhooked Communications MD, Claire Gamble, to help freelancers, small business owners and marketers ask for advice, learn and develop, share tips and knowledge, make connections and collaborate on projects.
As well as a closed Facebook group (which you can join here), we’ll have a calendar of networking, seminar and workshop events. We’ll cover everything from the practicalities of running your own business – such as accountancy, tax and legal issues – to marketing your services or products and growing your business. We’ll also hear from talented creatives, journalists and marketers to inspire and inform our own businesses.
Think of joining The Northern Creative Collective as the chance to become part of a virtual, integrated creative and marketing agency. The hope is by building our own network of creative, skilled and reliable freelancers and small businesses – including marketers, writers, designers, web developers, app developers, PRs, digital marketers, photographers, videographers, artists, event organisers, and more – we can join forces to:
- learn from each other
- improve our offering to clients
- share work opportunities
- work together on bigger and more diverse projects.
Our next events are:
- Influencers Unhooked: Digital marketing, PR and SEO in the age of the online influencer. Monday 5th March, 6.30pm, The Anthony Burgess Foundation, Manchester. Details and tickets here.
- International Women’s Day: Freelancers’ Coffee Morning. Thursday 8th March, 9.00am, Ziferblat, MediaCity. Details and registration here.
- GDPR for PRs, marketers and freelancers. Monday 19th March, 9.30am, Ziferblat, MediaCity. Details and registration here.
If you’re a business or individual who can help the creative and marketing freelance and small business community in the North somehow, please get in touch to discuss further.